Over the last 15 years Optus has been continually improving its environmental footprint and are proud to be an ongoing supporter of Earth Hour for the third year of the campaign.
Optus is committed to reducing its environmental footprint and implementing best practice in the management of their operations, processes, products, services and suppliers. Optus' business operates in a way that minimises environmental impacts, from the corporate offices to network operations.
As part of this commitment Optus will again be switching off lights, subject to health and safety considerations, across its corporate offices and 'yes' Optus Stores to support Earth Hour 2009.
The Earth Hour campaign provides Optus with an opportunity to raise awareness amongst our 10,000 people of the small everyday actions that make a big difference to the environment - at work and at home by promoting simple energy saving tips.
In 2008, 81 per cent of Optus people said they participated in Earth Hour by switching off their lights.
Optus was recognised in winning the 2008 Sustainability Green Globe Award for the Business Category for it head office in Sydney. An impressive 90% of all waste leaving Optus' Macquarie Park complex is recycled; this includes our paper, recyclables such as aluminium and bottles, and food waste.
Some of Optus' key environmental initiatives include:
- First Australian company to implement Envirolites E1 lighting into corporate offices
- Installation of movement sensors in all office meeting rooms
- Implementation of rain water harvesting
- Progressive transition to online billing for customers to view and pay bills via the internet
- Partnership with Australian Wildlife Conservancy to raise awareness and vital funds to create a better home for Australian wildlife
- Support of the mobile phone industry move to universal charger for any new mobile phones
For more information please visit www.optus.com.au/corporateresponsibility